Market Driven HealthCare
Discovery Resource # ST-02
What you need to know before searching for a position
[easy-social-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,pinterest,linkedin" counters=0 style="icon"]
As any good anthropologist will tell you, understanding the people, landscape, language, and culture you’ll encounter on this adventure is a prerequisite for success.
You’ll want to know the location of dangers and pitfalls. The peaks and valleys. The smooth, safe path and the treacherous, rough rock. In this stage, you’ll learn how hospitals and medical groups are changing, about the roles and responsibilities of those you’ll be working with, and the pressures and economics that drive hiring decisions.
You’ll learn how to enter the changing world of healthcare and map your path to success.
So let’s dig in.
P.S. By the way, they’ve had some rough luck recently, with a major earthquake impacting the landscape of healthcare. Be alert. It’s a jungle out there.
- Read an organizational chart to understand the reporting structure of the practice, including the functional relationships between, among, and within the specific components and learn how you fit into the big picture.
- Analyze market conditions as drivers, shapers and influencers and assess their impact on each of the physician, patient and administration audiences
- Understand how physician compensation is impacted by market and patient care trends as well as hospital/practice structure.
- Identify weaknesses as areas for improvement to address in your short-term career planning strategies.
- Assess various practice settings to determine your practice preference and enhance your potential for success.
- Assess the pros and cons of each type of practice setting based on their perspective and interest level.