Plan for a successful salary discussion and negotiation in which you push hard enough to receive the best compensation package an employer is willing to offer, but not so hard that you jeopardize the opportunity.
• Learn how to negotiate a contract by maintaining a healthy relationship with your future employer.
• Understand the importance of knowing the employer’s negotiating position before conveying your own.
• Learn what research tools to leverage when negotiating a contract.
Gain an understanding of the negotiation process, what items (including compensation and expectations) are open for negotiation, and how to work the process to your best advantage.
• Learn the terms and conditions that typically are open for negotiation, those that aren’t, and which might vary from situation to situation.
• Know the best practices for using an attorney.
Access Resource Additional Information: Resource Author: Staff at Adventures in Medicine Experienced recruiting and communications professionals collaborating with experts in the fields of medicine, work-life balance, law, human resources, finance, and personal and professional fulfillment.