A results-oriented guidebook filled with practical information and expert advice to help you find, secure and thrive as a new physician. A one-of-a-kind resource with content never before presented in a single guide.
• Learn how to find a position that will launch you on a rewarding career.
• Walk through the hiring process from a needs assessment through the transition into a new position.
Access Resource Additional Information: Objectives: • Define your life, money and career, priorities. • Establish appropriate goals. • Create a plan to reach your goals. • Be sure important things come first. • Define your dream job. • Develop your mission statement for a great life and stick to it. […]
Start your job search with clarity of purpose by placing your priorities into one of three life buckets: needs, wants and dreams.
• Understand the differences between the three life “buckets” that help you organize your priorities.
• Learn how to categorize your priorities as needs, wants or dreams.
When it’s all said and done, how will your peers, friends, family, employers, colleagues, and others describe you? This exercise helps you explore the type of person you want to be.
• Define your life roles according to your vision for yourself.
• Create a document that you can revist periodically to evaluate your direction.
Your family’s happiness — or lack of it — can have a major impact on your satisfaction with the job you choose to accept. Before you choose, make an assessment of your family’s needs.
• Create a document listing your spouse’s and your children’s hobbies, community needs, interests, and desires.
• Identify areas for which you will require more information before making a career move.